WELCOME TO THE CHARLES COUNTY
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Economic Development/Transportation – This Committee has several important goals:
- to create and implement a marketing and public relations plan that promotes pro-growth, pro-business economic development policies in Charles County, supports the expansion of existing businesses, especially Chamber members, and promotes Charles County overall as a destination address for residents and businesses alike;
- to build a stronger consensus among other business-related organizations that supports pro-growth, pro-business tax and regulatory policies in Charles County and Southern Maryland, and promotes a better trained and educated workforce in the region, particularly in the building and trades sector;
- to support development of educational programs for members that help foster the success of member businesses;
- to identify and support county and state economic development and transportation plans, policies, and regulations that help nurture and grow existing businesses and attract new businesses; and
- to monitor, prioritize; advocate for and respond to issues concerning mobility projects in coordination with local and statewide groups.
- For further Economic Development statistics & information please visit www.MeetCharlesCounty.com
The EDC/Transportation Committee meets the first Thursday of the month, 8:30 a.m., at the Chamber office.
Legislation -- This Committee is committed to reviewing, developing, and supporting issues that promote a positive, pro-active business environment. The Chamber believes that laws and regulations should serve the public without acting as a detriment to business development and growth. The Committee’s purpose is to work with our elected officials to establish regulations and policies that will affect the ability of a business to compete in the worldwide economy and continue to generate income and jobs that will help to improve Charles County.
When the Maryland General Assembly is in session, our own Legislative Committee is on the job, meeting every Wednesday to review proposed bills in both houses to assure that our member’s interests are well served and our businesses are protected. Additionally, the Chamber’s Legislative Alert is issued Chamber-wide via email, reporting all legislative bills that were discussed during weekly committee meetings.
The Legislative Committee meets every Wednesday from January through April at 3:00 p.m. at the Chamber office.
Membership – The Membership Committee is responsible for building the foundation of the Chamber through the retention and attraction of member investors. Comprised of volunteers and staff, the Membership Committee promotes member value and member benefits to demonstrate the value of Chamber membership to members and prospective members. The Committee is responsible for the Chamber 101 quarterly programs which introduce and educate new and prospective members on the many ways they can get involved in the Chamber. Members also serve as Ambassadors at Chamber events – welcoming and introducing new and prospective members. Committee members also personally deliver membership packages to the new member businesses.
The Membership Committee meets the last Wednesday of the month, 8:00 a.m., at the Chamber office.
Events Committees – As needed committees are organized for specific events such as the Annual Golf Tournament, the Business, Home & Health Expo, and the Annual Inaugural Reception. Committees are also formed for new events as concepts are presented.
Meeting dates and times are developed by the individual groups.
Young Professionals Group (YPG) -- This group is for young professionals ranging in age from 21 – 40 in Charles County who are interested in business networking, professional development, and community service in order to position themselves for optimal career growth and future leadership positions while, at the same time, attracting and retaining young talent to the Charles County area. Their mission is to create opportunities for members to build relationships, develop professionally, become civically and philanthropically active, and contribute to the economic development and high quality of living of our community.
Military Alliance Council -- The Military Alliance Council (MAC) is established to defend, promote and support critical Department of Defense (DoD) activities and missions that are located in Charles County.
The MAC accomplishes this overarching goal by:
- coordinating its activities and strategic planning with elected officials and local and state governments;
- proactively developing and executing strategies designed to enhance, expand, support, and preserve local DoD activities, infrastructure, missions;
- actively promoting Charles County for relocation or consolidation of additional DoD activities and missions;
- facilitating regional and other appropriate defense partnerships;
- serving as a liaison between the defense and civilian communities; and by
- offering county residents and businesses an opportunity to support local defense activities and missions that protect the Warfighter and strengthen National Security.
To obtain a membership application for the Military Alliance Council, please contact the Chamber office. As meeting dates and times are set, the information will be shared with all interested persons.
Please call the Chamber office (301-932-6500) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to obtain further information or to sign-up for any of these committees or groups.